May 7, 2009

Cat Training, Part 2.

I’ve learned more about training a cat. I’ve learned that while you think you’re training the cat, the cat is successfully training you! I’ll bet there are dog owners out there who think they trained their dogs, too. But it’s even worse with cats, because cats let you know in no uncertain terms that they’ve turned the tables on you.

In case you didn’t read the first part, I trained my Bengal cat Sheba to come when I call her by giving her little treats she loves. It worked for a while. Now Sheba sits in front of me and hollers at me to give her treats… or else! I do not want to even think about what the ‘or else’ could mean, so I dutifully get the treat container and give her what she demands. I hate the look of evil satisfaction on her face when she’s had enough and goes to lie down to gloat!

You can’t really train a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment