March 5, 2011

Day Two Walking

Today was cooler walking, and I think I walked about 2 miles. That's about right for 45-50 minutes. Lots of dog walkers out today, and one dog in a baby stroller. She was taken out of the stroller by her "mom", and was no doubt the fattest dachshund I have ever seen! Her belly was only a fraction of an inch off the ground! I suppose she could have been very pregnant, but I've seen pregnant dogs, and they look a bit different.

Another lovely Scottie dog was being walked by a "dog sitter", and I began to think maybe I could hire myself out as a dog walker! I'll think more on that.

For some reason, I remembered all the lyrics to a nonsense song that my ex used to sing to the kids:

"The horses run around, their feet are on the ground,
Who'll wind the clock when I'm away, away?
Go get the axe, there's a hair on baby's chest,
Oh, a boy's best friend is his mother, his mother.

Peekin' through a knot hole, on father's wooden leg,
Who put the shore so near the ocean, the ocean?
A snake's belt always slips because he has no hips.
The onion is a husky vegetable, ta-bull."

There are variations on the lyrics, but those are the ones that John sang, and today was the first time I have remembered them in order. Walking must be good!

2 comments:

  1. A snakes belt always SLIPS...

    I'll have to add some alternate lyrics I wrote years ago for my senior thesis at NYU in the future... I recall, "The sun's been known to rise, the moon's been known to set, why does a porcupine have needles, have needles..."

    More to come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brian, I fixed it. And I remember you wrote some additional lyrics (there should be a third verse, after all), but I didn't remember what they were.

    Thanks for the correction!

    ReplyDelete